Time for us to reveal the full lineup for the 52nd Cannes’ International Critics’ Week!
You probably already know that we’re talking about the oldest parallel competitive section of the Cannes Film Festival which showcases first and second feature films by directors from all over the world.
As you’re going to see, this year we have some interesting titles in feature competition, and just for the record – among the 11 features screening in the sidebar is David Lowery‘s Sundance hit drama Ain’t Them Bodies Saints as well!
First of all, let us once again remind you that Portuguese director Miguel Gomes, man who stands behind 2012 Tabu movie, heads the Cannes Critics’s Week jury this year. The jury, comprised of four film journalists, will vote for one of the seven films playing in the competition.
Here’s the full lineup:
- Katell Quillevere “Suzanne” (France)
- Yann Gonzalez “Les Rencontres d’après minuit” (France)
- David Lowery “Ain’t Them Bodies Saints” (U.S.)
- Paul Wright “For Those in Peril” (U.K.)
- Sebastien Pilote “Le Demantelement” (Canada)
- Agustin Toscano, Ezequiel Radusky “Los Duenos” (Argentina)
- David Perrault “Nos heros sont morts ce soir” (France)
- Ritesh Batra “The Lunchbox” (India/France/Germany)
- Yuri Bykov “The Major” (Russia)
- Fabio Grassadonia, Antonio Piazza “Salvo” (Italy/France)
SHORT FILM COMPETITION
- Nicolas Pariser “Agit Pop” (France)
- Han Eun-young “Breathe Me” (South Korea)
- Daria Belova “Come and Play” (Germany)
- Hu Wei “La Lampe au beurre de yak” (France/China)
- Emmanuel Laborie “Ocean” (France)
- Aly Muritiba “Patio” (Brazil)
- Ninja Thyberg “Pleasure” (Sweden)
- Rodd Rathjen “Tau Seru” (India/Australia)
- David Lassiter “The Opportunist” (U.S.)
- Magali Magistry “Vikingar” (France/Iceland)
The 52nd International Critics’ Week runs May 16-24.
Stay tuned for more updates!