Here’s the trailer for the upcoming Tokarev revenge/crime thriller, starring Nicolas Cage, Rachel Nichols, and Peter Stormare, which all of the dialogue is either whispered or screamed.
Another generic thriller (probably named after Fedor V. Tokarev – the man who brought glory to Russian arms), starring Cage, finds Cage seeking revenge after some Russian mobsters kidnap and kill his daughter, making him pay for something he did to wrong the gangsters in the past.
Directed by Paco Cabezas (The Appeared) and written by Jim Agnew & Sean Keller (Giallo), the movie will be the North American debut for the Spanish filmmaker Cabezas. It will drop sometime in 2014.
The guys over at Hollywood.com decided to list out all of the most perfectly Nicolas Cage moments present in the trailer.
Check them out along with the trailer below.
1. He has a vaguely Southern accent, but only when talking to certain people. (0:04)
2. A character important to him gets kidnapped, dramatically. (0:35)
3. His crying face is illuminated by shadows. (0:52)
4. He walks down a long pathway, ominously. (1:08)
5. He stares, broodingly, out of a car window. (1:14)
6. He declares himself to be “Out of the game!”, without clarifying just what game that is. (1:20)
7. He has an intense whispversation about three inches away from someone else’s face. (1:24)
8. “Just how deep do you want this to go?” “How deep is hell?” (1:37) … (We might have a winner)
9. The titles are revealed through an animated bullet flying through smoke. (1:39)
10. He speeds down a street in a tricked-out car. (1:48)
11. He advances on someone he’s got tied up, bloodied, and bruised. (1:53)
12. He shoots a guy at close range while puckering up his face dramatically. (1:54)
13. He disarms a thug that was choking him. (1:55)
14. He lies on his back, and aims two guns at the doorways. (2:05)
15. “You swore not to talk about it! Raaaahhhh!” (2:18)