Iron Man 2 has been named the most mistake-ridden movie of 2010 in website Moviemistakes.com end of the year poll!
Moviemistakes.com was created by Jon Sandys in 1996, and dedicated to the recording of mistakes found in movies and TV. As of 19 October 2010 it currently lists more than 89,706 mistakes, of which over 7,500 have pictures.
The question is why are there mistakes in movies?
Well, those who made the film have been buried in the material, occupied for a great length of time, from months to years depending on the production. They often are focusing on the “big picture”, so details can get by them. And mistakes, goofs and glitches creep into every production, just waiting to be spotted.
Here are the five most mistake-ridden films of the year by Moviemistakes.com:
1. Iron Man 2 (46 mistakes): Ivan doesn’t have anything in his mouth when he is handcuffed, his head covered with a hood, and put in a van. As soon as the hood is taken off and he walks towards Hammer, a toothpick suddenly appears in his mouth after an angle change.
2. The A-Team (2010) (37 mistakes): They are present at Frankfurt, Germany. But with a closer look you see a cathedral at the right side. This cathedral and the central station is located in Cologne, Germany. They are about 220 km apart.
3. Shutter Island (33 mistakes): Towards the end of the movie, when Teddy is going to the lighthouse to rescue his partner, he is seen jumping over a wall. He lands in a large amount of fallen leaves. As he does so, the edge of the mat that breaks his fall is visible beneath them.
4. Inception (20 mistakes): When they escape from the building in the first dream, the right-hand mirror of the van is broken by the narrow gate. In the following shot when they are driving, the other mirror is broken and the right mirror is suddenly undamaged.
5. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (19 mistakes): In the last scene where Edward and Bella are sitting in the sunny field, Edward is not sparkling.
Read more: moviemistakes.com